My gal pal Giselle is coming to Yoga Belly next Sunday March 11th to introduce our students to the world of Jivamukti Yoga. I recently asked Giselle to join me for a quick Q&A session for my blog this week. Giselle, thank you for being a sport and answering my Top 10 Questions...
1. If I had never taken your yoga class and only heard the music from your class playing somewhere, what kind of feel would I get?
Funky, inspired, and thought provoking
2. Do you have any personal heroes?
My grandmother was and is my hero. She endured a lot with tremendous grace and compassion. I have a few personal heros, one of them is Chrissie Hynde (lead singer of the Pretenders). My life changed when I first heard her voice in 3rd grade. She represents the feminine aspect of a rocker to me. She is an amazing musician, an activist and a rebellious spirit and plays from her heart, fearlessly. She's pushed the envevelope and I always gravitated towards these types of artists. Oh and Yoda!
3. What's your favorite comfort food?
Chips and salsa.
4. What inspired you to want to teach yoga?
My husband actually came up with the idea. I thought he was crazy.
5. What are you currently working on in your own personal practice?
6. If you're not doing yoga, what is your go to physical activity?
7. Any thoughts on yoga being dangerous or bad for your body?
Anything can be dangerous if done unconsciously. Practicing mindfulness is key to a fruitful and long standing practice of any kind.
8. 3 words that describe you.
Spunky, passionate, and compassionate.
9. You can have dinner with any 3 people alive or dead, who would they be?
John Lennon, Tori Amos, and Jesus. (Mary Magdalene too if I could have 4!)
10. You stub your toe on the coffee table... You scream out _???_!!
Join Giselle Mari Sunday March 11 1:30-4pm for Jivatmukti Yoga Workshop. For details and reservations, click here.